A Sky Full of Stars

Photo by Vecteezy.com

A Sky Full of Stars

Have you ever looked up at the night sky and searched for a constellation?

You may feel lost and overwhelmed with possibilities at first.

You start by locating the North Star, the brightest star by which we orient all of the other stars and navigate our voyages. Then we find the other stars needed to complete the picture… the tip of the sword, the tail of a bear, or the arm of a twin. It’s a process of discovery.

I spent a lot of time looking at the stars when I was a kid. Growing up in Nebraska, the heartland of America, provided for a type of darkness at night not possible in most cities without a blackout. Once I discovered the Orion birthmark on my arm, I was always searching for him in the sky. With practice, I could easily spot him, and now I share his presence with my kids when there is an opportunity.

Writing your Origin Story is kind of like that. At first, the undertaking is overwhelming with possibilities. But once you find the North Star, and get oriented, the constellation will be revealed, and you won’t be able to unsee it. Then you will want to share it with everyone.

My Orion Birthmark

Visit Carrie Klewin Lawrence on Social Media or in the Klewin Creative Storefront





Comments

Popular Posts